8. Seated Nude - Coloured Pencil* A powerful triangular composition in which the artist has accentuated the feminine shapes.
6. Detailed Pencil Portrait - Partial Nude* In this portrait, the artist blended soft pencil for a realistic effect.
Portrait Gallery - Nudes
Nudes and Partial Nudes - Various Media - UK Artist
1. Partial Nude in Orange Cloth - Portrait Sketch*
This dynamically lit pose appealed to the artist with its elegance and warmth.
12. Five Minute Nude Sketch from Life - Oil - In this portrait, speed of work has resulted in visible brush strokes and chunky forms.
This selection of nude portraits in pencil, ink and coloured pencil shows how different poses, compositions, media and colour schemes create varying moods and effects.
Many thanks to lockstock (portraits marked * ) for allowing the artist to work from her photos.
7. Nude Prone - Ink Portrait* In this simple drawing the artist minimized lines to give an impression of purity and silence.
10. Nude on a Red Couch - Pencil Drawing - In this abstracted nude portrait, the artist balanced areas of colour around the female contours.
5. Coloured Pencil Sketch - Portrait: Reclining Nude* A quick portrait where the artist exaggerated colours to help capture the energetic curves.
2. Nude Portrait Commission - Pencil - The artist used sketchy lines for this portrait, aiming for what the client described as an 'ethereal' effect.
9. Simplistic Abstracted Nude - Ink - A variation on the minimalist portrait (7) in which the artist used only 2 lines.
4. Sleeping Nude - Coloured Pencil Portrait* Here it was the calm atmosphere, emphasised by the various blues, that inspired the artist.
This business is now closed.
If you wish to get in touch about other kinds of artwork
please follow the above link to the new website.
Pet Portraits; Pencil Portrait Drawings, Sketches,
3. Commissioned Pencil Sketch - The closeness of the feet in this portrait adds an unusual intimacy to the sketch.
11. Three Graces* - Pencil Sketch - Here, the artist sought an extremely "posed" composition of idealistic nudes.
Adam - A3 Portrait
13. Adam and Eve - This pair of mixed media portraits balance as a pair. The client desired "classical" nudes with a modern touch. The artist combined sketch with areas of detail, and intensified colours with ink.